Vibration 110-120kmh ... Kardan? Differential?

• Hello,

I have F31 330d RWD, almost 200.000km.
    And I have vibrations starting in cca 90, but definitely and mainly occuring in 110-120km/h. It is not by tyres and steering wheel is steady. But vibrations through the car and some noise like booming.
    I know I have to look at it and dismantle. But there is a lot of parts which can cause. So maybe someone of you had a similar thing and will advice or gives me a clue where start.

Thanks for any comments.
    :)

PS:my German is not great and someone told me las time better write English. Sorry for that.

• I had simular type of vibrations on my 335xi (from about 120km/h up). In my case it was the rear diff that had strong mechanical abrasion. Issue fixed with a change. BMW paid for everything as my car was fully stock back then.

• Thank you for your post.
    And how many kilometres you had when it started? And has it happen quickly or it was a slow change?

This weekend I drove more km on motorway after 2 weeks and definitely it is worse, uncomfortable, my ears hurt and it must be some strong mechanical problem. I do not beleive change of oil in diff or some kind of stuff will help.

• Hello Mate,

there have been threads about problems with vibrations, here is one of them: Vibrationen
    There seem to be some 330d with this problem at medium speeds around 100 - 140 km/h. I've heard about problems with imbalanced main driveshafts on the 330d.
    In my case, the sidewalls of my runflat tyres were broken. But I don't think thats the case with you. The booming noise you here might actually point to the driveshaft or the bearings of it.
    If the booming noise increases while cornering, it might also be a faulty wheel bearing.

Good luck!

2021 G21 330e Individual, Dravit Grau/Elfenbeinweiß

2017 F87 M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blau/Schwarz
    2009 E89 Z4 30i, 6MT, Titansilber/Korallrot
    2004 E46 M3, SMG, Silbergrau/Schwarz
    1989 E30 320is, 5MT, M-Technik II, Sterlingsilber/Schwarz

• Hello,

thank you for your information.

The booming noise you here might actually point to the driveshaft or the bearings of it.

This also makes sense.

I let know. If I solve it :-/