F80 OPTIK Stoßstangen (oder Kit) für F30 Pre - Facelift

• Hi Guys.

So I asked TUV about the body parts (bumpers, etc.), what exactly is the need for them to approve changes to the original parts with aftermarket parts (especially M3 optics), and I have these answers from 2 different TUV employees receive.

Answer by the TUV employee 1:

Dear Mr. Tsepoulidis,

For accessories such as bumpers and spoilers, parts must be submitted. The parts are provided with a number listed in the report, so that you can understand that it is the parts according to the report. Since partial appraisals are in part quite expensive, plagiarisms with falsified appraisals are unfortunately also sold on the Internet.
    You should only use parts from renowned manufacturers here.

There are also parts for which you usually do not receive opinions. Headlamps are such parts. Headlamps are type-approved and the approval number or approval mark must be recognizable on the component. For pork, this is the so-called E-mark for the corresponding ECE regulation.
    Depending on the type of headlamp halogen or xenon, different test marks are required.

I hope the information below will help you to choose your headlights.

Answer by another TÜV employee:

Dear Mr. Tsepoulidis,

A body construction, for example, from "normal BMW 3 Series" on M3 optics must always be entered.
    You need a parts certificate or an ABE for the modified components.
    According to the current legal situation, the operating license according to § 19.2 StVZO lapses if a hazard is to be expected. That's the case here.

Then I contact the online seller (liontuning.de) and I have these answers after I showed them what the TÜV guys answered.

According to the current legal situation, the operating license according to § 19.2 StVZO lapses if a hazard is to be expected. That's NOT the case here.
    A genuine M3 has the same bumper, made of the same material, with the same shape. There is absolutely no reason to endanger others.
    If you do not get this agreed with your Tüvprüfer, we can not continue to teach you. We convert any vehicles to the maximum possible and have never had problems with our parts. (See pictures in the appendix, BMW F30 320d, the car is as it is in the pictures faultless on the HU).
    Rims are not comparable to a bumper. Rims are safety relevant and can lead to accidents, bumpers not.

There are absolutely no papers to the bumpers because you are not necessary.

He also responded, especially about the headlights, after I asked him if they had any papers for them.

As described, these have an E mark and are therefore free of registration

So...
    My German is shit and the translations are not always correct. Do the headlamps need a paper or is the e-mark already enough?

Has any of you guys never changed bumpers, what about the TÜV after that?

I understand that some of you do not like the M3 looks on F30, but how about those who had the standard bumper and wanted the M-Sport one?
    Did you buy all the original bumpers, or did you buy online as I want? Because I found the replica M3 bumpers everywhere, I also see Replica M-Sport. They should be the same shit in the end, since they are not from BMW, right?
    How did you manage to register them, etc.?

Thanks in advance

• It‘s easier for me to write in english and I think it‘s also better for the translator not to have it translated twice,

As mentioned in the mail from „TÜV“ for headlights it is sufficient to have the „E-Prüfzeichen“.

I think the TÜV is also right about the front bumper. Indeed the M3 uses the same parts, but M3 is a different car. It has a different type number and even a different manufacturer code than „normal“ BMWs. So „law wise“ it‘s a complete different car and things that are allowed on the M3 are not automatically allowed on any other F3x car.
    Another argument from liontuning is that there is no imminent danger from mounting the M3 parts (or M3 styled parts) on the normal F3x. But the TÜV could argue that the front bumper has a huge impact on car aerodynamics and the whole aerodynamics on the M3 are different as well.
    e.g if you want to mount the M Performance front splitter on your car, the papers say it is also mandatory to mount the M Performance rear spoiler - to keep the aerodynamic downforce balanced.
    liontuning might be right that their TÜV had no problems with their project car, but every TÜV is different. I know super relaxed ones that say „as long as breaks and lights work - everything is fine“ and then there are others that adhere strict to every rule.
    If you do the swap to the M3 front bumper and your TÜV is very strict and asking for a „Gutachten“ then you‘re in big trouble. And liontuning won‘t help you since they alread wrote that they can‘t help you and had no issues with their TÜV

• Thank you for taking the time to answer me Bubu.

OK. I know it sounds "not right" and legal. But let us assume that I'm just passing from TÜV to TÜV until I find one that accepts the changes. Do I have a problem with potential police controls later? Do you need documents (ABE, EC, etc.) or do you want to see the changes that have been added to my license and son, for example?
    Or do you agree if I have passed the TÜV examination and have the stamp?

Thank you for taking the time to answer me Bubu.

OK. i know it sounds "not right" and ilegal. But lets asume that I move on from TUV to TUV until I can find one that accepts the changes. Then, will I have problem with potential policy control / checks later on? Will they require documentation (ABE, EC etc) or they would like to see the changes in my license for example , and so on?
    TUV inspection and I just stamped it with it?

PS: I'm so moron, I forgot you answered in English and translated anyway! , At least, other users can read it so :)

• I don‘t think that police controls are gonna be a problem. I would guess 99,9% of the police officers can not distinguish if the front bumper is OEM or aftermarket. The 4 series has the same front so it‘s not easy to see that your car has aftermarket parts.

The bigger problem I see is the „Hauptuntersuchung“ you have to do every 2 years. If the TÜV guy there recognizes that you have a different bumper he might fail you. But then you could still try another TÜV as there are plenty around...